This MySQL Fundamentals training is the first step in mastering MySQL, the world’s most popular open source database. Gain a solid understanding and practical experience using relational databases, SQL and the MySQL Server and tools.In this course, you will be introduced to the MySQL Cloud Service.
- Explain the relational database model.
- Describe the features and benefits of MySQL.
- Install and configure the MySQL server and clients.
- Design efficient databases.
- Use Structured Query Language (SQL) to build your database and query data.
- Employ appropriate MySQL tools.
- Gain an understanding on the MySQL Cloud Service.
Benefits to You
This course will teach you everything you need to know to start using the incredibly popular MySQL database in your Web, Cloud and embedded applications. In learning about MySQL you will also gain an understanding of relational databases in general, learning how to design your database so it’s robust and efficient. Furthermore, you will harness that power by learning SQL and using it to build databases, populate them with data and query that data through extensive hands-on practices.
Manage Your MySQL Database
In addition to covering core concepts, this course introduces you to more advanced tools and techniques to help you manage your MySQL database and data. At the end of the course, you will be confident in your ability to use the MySQL database and put your new skills to work.
- Describe the features and benefits of MySQL
- Explain the basics of relational databases
- Design an effective database
- Issue MySQL statements from the mysql command-line client
- Perform database operations by using MySQL Workbench
- Select appropriate data types for your database
- Build a database and tables by using SQL
- Modify the structure of your database
- Create indexes and keys
- Add or update database data
- Query data with SELECT statements
- Join data from multiple tables
- Use built-in MySQL functions
- Export and import database data
- Explain database transactions
- Gain an understanding on the MySQL Cloud Service