Learn how to configure Red Hat Satellite 6 to deploy and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems and software
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. You will learn how to configure Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages. You will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Ansible® configuration management upon deployment.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and Red Hat Satellite 6.11.
Utilize o diagnóstico de competências para descobrir quais as oportunidades de formação que mais se adequam a si, ou à sua equipa.
ESTE CURSO E-LEARNING INCLUI:
- Conteúdos disponíveis 24/7
- E-book e Hands-on Lab
- Acesso durante 90 dias
- Verify a Red Hat Satellite 6.11 installation.
- Regulate Red Hat Satellite with organizations, locations, users, and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Ansible playbooks and roles.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
Impact on the organization
As modern organizations migrate to large scale virtualized and container-native hybrid cloud environments, the number of virtual machines and application hosts has greatly increased and become more complex to manage and secure. This course prepares senior system administrators to automate deployment, configuration, monitoring, building, and testing of managed hosts and the application workloads that run on those hosts. Automating operations and management tasks with Red Hat Satellite Server greatly reduces downtime, provides more consistent deployments, reduces configuration errors, and eliminates security gaps by providing faster installation of errata and product fixes.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will learn the skills required to manage and hybrid cloud hosts and applications in medium to large scale environments. You will be able to plan and implement hybrid cloud network environments, provision managed hosts and software, and manage custom application life cycles across local and distributed enterprises.
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers and hybrid cloud enterprises up to a very large scale
- Recommend having a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Have Red Hat Satellite 6 experience
- Plan and deploy Red Hat Satellite
- Manage software life cycles
- Register hosts
- Deploy software to hosts
- Deploy custom software
- Deploy Satellite capsule servers
- Run remote execution commands
- Prepare network resources for host provisioning
- Provision hosts
- Manage Red Hat Satellite using the API
- Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment on a cloud platform
- Perform Red Hat Satellite server maintenance
- Comprehensive review
Plan and deploy Red Hat Satellite
- Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment, then perform installation and initial configuration of Red Hat Satellite servers.
Manage software life cycles
- Create and manage Red Hat software deployment life cycle environments.
- Register and configure your Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems to use Red Hat Satellite, then organize those systems into groups for easier management.
Deploy software to hosts
- Manage software deployment to registered hosts of your Red Hat Satellite infrastructure and practice managing environment paths, life cycle environments, and content views.
Deploy custom software
- Create, manage, and deploy custom software products and repositories.
Deploy Satellite capsule servers
- Perform installation and initial configuration of Red Hat Satellite capsule servers as components of a deployment plan.
Run remote execution commands
- Configure the ability to run ad hoc and scheduled tasks on managed hosts using a variety of configuration management tools.
Prepare network resources for host provisioning
- Configure Satellite Server for host provisioning.
- Configure Satellite server for host deployment and perform host provisioning.
Manage Red Hat Satellite using the API
- Integrate Red Hat Satellite functionality with custom scripts or external applications that access the API over HTTP.
Deploy Red Hat Satellite on a cloud platform
- Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment on a cloud platform, including managed content hosts.
Perform Red Hat Satellite server maintenance
- Manage Red Hat Satellite for security, recoverability, and growth.
- Verify and configure a Red Hat Satellite Server installation and provision content hosts.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves.