This course combines Architecting on AWS and Advanced Architecting on AWS to offer a comprehensive, immersive course in cloud architecture.
It covers all aspects of how to architect for the cloud over 5 days. You will learn how to design cloud architectures, starting small and working to large-scale enterprise level designs—and everything in between. Starting with the Well Architected Framework, you will be immersed in AWS services like compute, storage, database, networking, security, monitoring, automation, optimization, benefits of de-coupling applications and serverless, building for resilience, and understanding costs. Using hands-on labs, you will apply knowledge from lectures to gain skills.
It’s also recommended for learners who are preparing for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam.
This course allows you to apply new skills and knowledge through practical exercises including creating the data layer with Amazon S3, creating the compute (Amazon EC2) and database (Amazon RDS) layer, creating the network layer (Amazon VPC). Additional labs build on these layers to include high availability protection, scalability, and automation. Students experience going serverless and the benefits of Lambda/API Gateway. A final lab shows how to recover from a disaster to get the applications running again.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices
- Use AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available
- Use AWS Managed Services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs
- Use the Well Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions