Over the years, best-practice frameworks have been developed and promoted to assist in the process of understanding, designing and implementing enterprise governance of IT (EGIT). COBIT 2019 builds on and integrates more than 25 years of development in this field, not only incorporating new insights from science, but also operationalizing these insights as practice.
COBIT® 2019 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT® 2019 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders.
Learners will dive into the heart and structure of the COBIT framework, including:
- New framework introduction
- Key concepts and terminology
- Governance and Framework Principles
- Governance system and components
- Governance and management objectives
- Performance management
- Designing a tailored governance system
Business Management, IT /IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners; Consultants, IT/IS Management looking to gain an insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT® Implementer or Assessor.
No mandatory prerequisites although some experience in IT or related fields is recommended.
At the conclusion of the course attendees will understand:
- Recognize the target audience of COBIT 2019.
- Recognize the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework.
- Recognize the descriptions and purposes of the COBIT product architecture.
- Recall the alignment of COBIT with other applicable frameworks, standards and bodies of knowledge.
- Understand and describe the governance “system” and governance “framework” principles.
- Describe the components of a governance system.
- Understand the overall structure and contents of the Goals Cascade.
- Recall the 40 Governance and Management Objectives and their purpose statements.
- Understand the relationship between Governance and Management Objectives and Governance Components.
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives.
- Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT.
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case.
- Understand and recall the phases of the COBIT implementation approach.
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides.
- Prepare for the COBIT 2019 Foundation exam*.
* Este curso não inclui o exame de certificação COBIT 2019 Foundation.