Do you want to get certified in business analysis but are new to the field?
Whether you are fresh out of college and have little to no project experience or are simply looking to understand the business analysis profession better, this course will provide you with not only the preparation you will need to pass IIBA’s ECBA exam, but also a foundation for a career in business analysis.
Participants will learn invaluable tips and tricks needed to pass the ECBA certification exam.
This course follows IIBA’s ECBA exam blueprint based on the BABOK® Guide v3.0. This course conforms to and aligns with the BABOK® Guide version 3.0 of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)®.
Why take this course
- The small-class environment, group exercises, and sample exam questions keep you engaged and aid in your retention and learning.
- Learn from experts. The course is designed and taught by professionals with extensive knowledge of the BABOK® Guide and product management, some of whom also contributed to materials development.
- Trusted. Study with a firm that has helped hundreds of people pass the CBAP® exam, and thousands pass the PMP® exam.
- Complete. Earn 21 CDUs, enough to apply for the ECBA™ exam.
- PDUs: 21; CDUs: 21; CEUs: 2.1
To assimilate the vast amount of information needed to pass the ECBA™ exam, there is a mixture of lecture, discussion, and exercises in the course. You will also learn methods of recall and retention to help retain critical information.
People wanting to move into a BA role who have had little to no training in Business Analysis. Anyone who is seeking a career in Business Analysis or desires to have a better understanding of business analysis and the role of a business analyst.
- Complete the ECBA™ application after the completion of this course.
- For maximum preparation value, students should be prepared to take the exam within 3 months of taking the course.
- Conhecimentos da língua inglesa.
- Welcome & Student Introductions
- ECBA Exam Information & Tips
- An Introduction to Business Analysis and the BA Profession
- Key Business Analysis Concepts
- Underlying Competencies: Business Analysis Competencies for Success
- Strategy Analysis: Understanding the Business Need to Create a Change Strategy to Move from Current State to the Desired Future State
Welcome & Student Introductions
ECBA Exam Information & Tips
- Completing the application
- Exam information
- Studying for the exam
- ECBA prep resources
An Introduction to Business Analysis and the BA Profession
- Business analysis and the business analyst
- Career path of a business analyst
- IIBA & BABOK® Guide overview
- An overview of the BABOK® Guide structure
- An overview of the BABOK® Guide knowledge areas & focus areas
Key Business Analysis Concepts
- A review of key themes in the BABOK® Guide
- An understanding of the Business Analysis Core Concept ModelTM
- A review of key terms in the BABOK® Guide
- Classification of requirements
- A review of key stakeholders found in the BABOK® Guide
Underlying Competencies: Business Analysis Competencies for Success
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Behavioral characteristics
- Business knowledge
- Communication skills
- Interaction skills
- Tools and Technology
Strategy Analysis: Understanding the Business Need to Create a Change Strategy to Move from Current State to the Desired Future State
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring: Planning for the BA Work Effort
- Elicitation and Stakeholder Collaboration
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- Requirements Life Cycle Management: Managing Requirements and Changes to Them
- Solution Evaluation: Measuring and Maximizing Solution Value
- Techniques Review