The MySQL Fundamentals training is the first step in mastering MySQL, the world’s most popular open source database.
Develop solid understanding and practical experience using relational databases, SQL and the MySQL Server and tools.
This course will teach you everything you need to know to start using the incredibly popular MySQL database in your Web, Cloud and embedded applications. In learning about MySQL you will also gain an understanding of relational databases in general, learning how to design your database so it’s robust and efficient.
Furthermore, you will harness that power by learning SQL and using it to build databases, populate them with data and query that data through extensive hands-on practices.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the features and benefits of MySQL
- Explain the basics of relational databases
- Design an effective database
- Issue MySQL statements from the mysql command-line client
- Perform database operations by using MySQL Workbench
- Select appropriate data types for your database
- Build a database and tables by using SQL
- Modify the structure of your database
- Create indexes and keys
- Add or update database data