This course is designed to provide you with a firm foundation in administration of an Oracle database. In this course you will gain a conceptual understanding of Oracle Database architecture and learn how to manage an Oracle database in an effective and efficient manner.
Versions Supported: 19c, 18c, 12c
This course provides detailed information on the architecture of an Oracle Database instance and database, enabling you to effectively manage your database resources. You learn how to create database storage structures appropriate for the business applications supported by your database. In addition, you learn how to create users and administer database security to meet your business requirements. Basic information on backup and recovery techniques is presented in this course.
To provide an acceptable response time to users and manage resources effectively, you learn how to monitor your database and manage performance.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe Oracle Database architecture
- Describe Oracle Database Cloud Service (DBCS) architecture and features
- Create and manage DBCS database deployments
- Configure the database to support your applications
- Manage database security and implement auditing
- Implement basic backup and recovery procedures
- Move data between databases and files
- Employ basic monitoring procedures and manage performance