The Microsoft Security Operations Analyst collaborates with organizational stakeholders to secure information technology systems for the organization. Their goal is to reduce organizational risk by rapidly remediating active attacks in the environment, advising on improvements to threat protection practices, and referring violations of organizational policies to appropriate stakeholders. Responsibilities include threat management, monitoring, and response by using a variety of security solutions across their environment. The role primarily investigates, responds to, and hunts for threats using Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Microsoft 365 Defender, and third-party security products. Since the Security Operations Analyst consumes the operational output of these tools, they are also a critical stakeholder in the configuration and deployment of these technologies.
Mitigate threats using Microsoft 365 Defender
Analyze threat data across domains and rapidly remediate threats with built-in orchestration and automation in Microsoft 365 Defender.
- Introduction to Microsoft 365 threat protection
- Mitigate incidents using Microsoft 365 Defender
- Protect your identities with Azure AD Identity Protection
- Remediate risks with Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Safeguard your environment with Microsoft Defender for Identity
- Secure your cloud apps and services with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps
Mitigate threats using Microsoft Purview
Focus on Microsoft Purview’s risk and compliance solutions that assist security operations analysts detect threats to organizations and identify, classify, and protect sensitive data, as well as monitor and report on compliance.
- Respond to data loss prevention alerts using Microsoft 365
- Manage insider risk in Microsoft Purview
- Investigate threats by using audit features in Microsoft 365 Defender and Microsoft Purview Standard
- Investigate threats using audit in Microsoft 365 Defender and Microsoft Purview (Premium)
- Investigate threats with Content search in Microsoft Purview
Mitigate threats using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Implement the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint platform to detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats.
- Protect against threats with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Deploy the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint environment
- Implement Windows security enhancements with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Perform device investigations in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Perform actions on a device using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Perform evidence and entities investigations using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Configure and manage automation using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Configure for alerts and detections in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Utilize Vulnerability Management in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Mitigate threats using Microsoft Defender for Cloud
Use Microsoft Defender for Cloud, for Azure, hybrid cloud, and on-premises workload protection and security.
- Plan for cloud workload protections using Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Connect Azure assets to Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Connect non-Azure resources to Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Manage your cloud security posture management
- Explain cloud workload protections in Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Remediate security alerts using Microsoft Defender for Cloud
Create queries for Microsoft Sentinel using Kusto Query Language (KQL)
Write Kusto Query Language (KQL) statements to query log data to perform detections, analysis, and reporting in Microsoft Sentinel.
- Construct KQL statements for Microsoft Sentinel
- Analyze query results using KQL
- Build multi-table statements using KQL
- Work with data in Microsoft Sentinel using Kusto Query Language
Configure your Microsoft Sentinel environment
Get started with Microsoft Sentinel by properly configuring the Microsoft Sentinel workspace.
- Introduction to Microsoft Sentinel
- Create and manage Microsoft Sentinel workspaces
- Query logs in Microsoft Sentinel
- Use watchlists in Microsoft Sentinel
- Utilize threat intelligence in Microsoft Sentinel
Connect logs to Microsoft Sentinel
Connect data at cloud scale across all users, devices, applications, and infrastructure, both on-premises and in multiple clouds to Microsoft Sentinel.
- Connect data to Microsoft Sentinel using data connectors
- Connect Microsoft services to Microsoft Sentinel
- Connect Microsoft 365 Defender to Microsoft Sentinel
- Connect Windows hosts to Microsoft Sentinel
- Connect Common Event Format logs to Microsoft Sentinel
- Connect syslog data sources to Microsoft Sentinel
- Connect threat indicators to Microsoft Sentinel
Create detections and perform investigations using Microsoft Sentinel
Detect previously uncovered threats and rapidly remediate threats with built-in orchestration and automation in Microsoft Sentinel.
- Threat detection with Microsoft Sentinel analytics
- Automation in Microsoft Sentinel
- Threat response with Microsoft Sentinel playbooks
- Security incident management in Microsoft Sentinel
- Identify threats with Behavioral Analytics
- Data normalization in Microsoft Sentinel
- Query, visualize, and monitor data in Microsoft Sentinel
- Manage content in Microsoft Sentinel
Perform threat hunting in Microsoft Sentinel
Proactively hunt for security threats using the Microsoft Sentinel powerful threat hunting tools.
- Explain threat hunting concepts in Microsoft Sentinel
- Threat hunting with Microsoft Sentinel
- Use Search jobs in Microsoft Sentinel
- Hunt for threats using notebooks in Microsoft Sentinel
- Who Hacked cloud game