The Troubleshooting Cisco Data Center Infrastructure (DCIT) course shows you how to troubleshoot LAN, SAN, Cisco® Data Center Unified Fabric, Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®), and Cisco Application-Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI®).
You will learn methodologies and tools to identify issues that may occur in data center network architecture. You will get extensive hands-on practice troubleshooting installation, configuration and interconnectivity issues on Cisco Multilayer Director Switch (MDS) switches, Cisco Nexus® switches, Cisco Fabric Extenders (FEXs), Cisco UCS, Cisco ACI, and more.
This course helps prepare you to take the exam, Troubleshooting Cisco Data Center Infrastructure (300-615 DCIT), which leads to CCNP® Data Center and the Cisco Certified Specialist – Data Center Operations certifications.
This course will help you:
- Learn how to deploy and troubleshoot various components of Cisco data center infrastructure to support performance, resiliency, scalability needs
- Gain knowledge and skills through Cisco’s unique combination of lessons and hands-on practice using enterprise-grade Cisco learning technologies, data center equipment, and software
- Qualify for professional-level job roles
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how to troubleshoot the data center network, troubleshooting tools and methodologies available from the Command-Line Interface (CLI) that are used to identify and resolve issues in a Cisco data center network architecture
- Identify and resolve issues that are related to: Virtual LANs (VLANs) and private VLANs (PVLANs); port channels and virtual port channels; Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV); and Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN)
- Describe troubleshooting of routing protocols such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Protocol-Independent Multicast (PIM), and LAN security features
- Identify and resolve issues that are related to a single device
- Identify and resolve issues that are related to Fibre Channel interface operation
- Identify and resolve Fibre Channel switching issues when the Cisco NX-OS Software is used in switched mode, and in N-Port Virtualization (NPV) mode
- Identify and resolve issues that are related to Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and FCoE Initialization Protocol (FIP), including FCoE performance
- Describe Cisco UCS architecture, initial setup, tools, and service aids that are available for Cisco UCS troubleshooting and interpretation of the output
- Describe Cisco UCS configuration, Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Server operation and troubleshoot related issues
- Describe LAN, SAN, and Fibre Channel operations, including in-depth troubleshooting procedures
- Describe Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC) tools for validating performance and facilitating data-gathering activities for Cisco UCS C-Series server troubleshooting, and the troubleshooting approach for hardware and firmware failures
- Define the proper procedures for configuring LAN and SAN connectivity, avoiding issues with the VIC, troubleshooting connectivity issues and Cisco UCS C-Series server integration with Cisco UCS Manager
- Identify the tools, protocols, and methods to effectively troubleshoot Cisco ACI
- Describe how to troubleshoot automation, scripting tools, and programmability