This is an advanced, expert-level course. Although not required to attend, students are strongly encouraged to have taken and passed another associate level certification in the security, compliance and identity portfolio (such as AZ-500, SC-200 or SC-300) before attending this class. This course prepares students with the expertise to design and evaluate cybersecurity strategies in the following areas: Zero Trust, Governance Risk Compliance (GRC), security operations (SecOps), and data and applications. Students will also learn how to design and architect solutions using zero trust principles and specify security requirements for cloud infrastructure in different service models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
SC-100: Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect
- Learn how to design an organizations security strategy, including security operations and identity based on the principles of Zero Trust
- Learn how to evaluate cybersecurity strategies for Governance and Risk Compliance as well as security operations (SecOps)
- Learn how to design for infrastructure security, including architecture best practices, endpoint security and cloud security for different service models (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS)
- Learn how to design a cybersecurity strategy for data and applications
- Learn how to use critical Microsoft security best practices to improve an organizations security posture, apply zero trust principles and minimize risk from emerging attacks
This course is for experienced cloud security engineers who have taken a previous certification in the security, compliance and identity portfolio. Specifically, students should have advanced experience and knowledge in a wide range of security engineering areas, including identity and access, platform protection, security operations, securing data, and securing applications. They should also have experience with hybrid and cloud implementations. Beginning students should instead take the course SC-900: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals.
Ao concluir com aproveitamento esta formação, cumprindo a percentagem mínima de 70% de assiduidade e após avaliação ao curso, o formando poderá receber o seu Certificado Microsoft de conclusão e o badge digital para partilhar com a sua rede profissional online.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Advanced experience and knowledge in identity and access, platform protection, security operations, securing data and securing applications.
- Experience with hybrid and cloud implementations.
- Design a Zero Trust strategy and architecture
- Evaluate Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) technical strategies and security operations strategies
- Design security for infrastructure
- Design a strategy for data and applications
- Recommend security best practices
Design a Zero Trust strategy and architecture
- Build an overall security strategy and architecture
- Design a security operations strategy
- Design an identity security strategy
Evaluate Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) technical strategies and security operations strategies
- Evaluate a regulatory compliance strategy
- Evaluate security posture and recommend technical strategies to manage risk
Design security for infrastructure
- Understand architecture best practices and how they are changing with the Cloud
- Design a strategy for securing server and client endpoints
- Design a strategy for securing PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS services
Design a strategy for data and applications
- Specify security requirements for applications
- Design a strategy for securing data
Recommend security best practices
- Recommend security best practices using Microsoft Cybersecurity Reference Architectures (MCRA) and Microsoft Cloud Security Benchmarks
- Recommend a secure methodology using the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF)
- Recommend a ransomware strategy by using Microsoft Security Best Practices